This is the arm of Bible Society that aids in raising resources for the organization to be able to run its day to day activities.
A number of activities are organized under this arm by the Church relations office and these Include:
Membership: Members are recruited who subscribe to Bible Society annually in different categories and this helps in raising funds for the organization
Diners: Dinners are organized too to raise funds to subsidize the prices of different Bibles. Today we have an annual Dinner that is Hosted by different Church Leaders to raise funds for the organization. 2010 Annual Bible year was led by His Grace Henry Luke Orombi The Archbishop of the Anglican Church in Uganda, 2011 was led by Pr. John Kakembo-The President of the Seventh-Adventist Church Uganda and 2012 was led by His Grace Dr. Cyprian Kizito Lwanga- The Archbishop for the Roman Catholic Church in Uganda and 2013 was led by the Pentecostal Church with a number of Church leaders coming together to raise funds for the people with Hearing disabilities.
Bible Week: This is an annual event that is organize by the Bible Society of Uganda in collaboration with Churches and Church related organizations. This event takes place as every year is coming to an end in the first Week of December or sometimes beginning late November.
During this week, churches, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to do the following:
1. Celebrate the Written Word in a special way,
2. Pray for the Bible Society work in general
3. Ask those who are members to renew their membership
4. Encourage and recruit more people as members of the Bible Society,
5. Collect a special offertory to support the work of the Bible Society of Uganda,
6. Send the collections received to the Bible Society in the most convenient way,
7. Share the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Bible Society of Uganda,
8. Observe the Bible Sabbath and Bible Sunday,
9. Encourage Bible reading and Scripture engagement at all levels in life, and
10. Where Possible arrange for distribution of Scriptures at their churches, especially where Bible Week activities will be held.
The Bible Week offers a unique opportunity to churches and individuals to support and promote the use of the Bible as a united force: it is important that all Christians participate.
During Bible week 2011 celebrations we were blessed with the presence of the United Bible Societies General Secretary Mr. Michael Perreau.
This aims at providing Scriptures for the less privileged people in our Society. There are many people in our Country who cash strapped that they can not afford a Bible, even though they wished they had one. At the Bible Society of Uganda, our prayer and desire is to saturate the Word of God and make at least one Bible every month to those who can not afford.
In the year 2011, we have been able to distribute Bibles to 400 Children at Watoto Children’s Village Suubi, Distributed Bibles to the 27 Children in the Women Prison Luzira and the Christmas gifts will be going to Kiryandongo IDP Camp.
We thank the Lord for the twelve tribes of Israel that constitute of the Bible-A-Month Club, through which good amounts of money has been raised, we encourage the tribe leaders to keep up the spirit.