After having seen the need in Society for those people who are Visually Impaired, the Bible society of Uganda took a step ahead to see to it that their needs too are cared for through this project of the Visual Impaired persons Hence Launching it.
What we do;
- Provide Holy Scriptures and Bible portions in formats such in Audio, Large print and Braille.
- Carry out advocacy in the area of Braille literacy and recognition of Persons with Visual Disability (PVD)’s positive contribution to our human existence.
- Advocate for their inclusion in church participation
- Provide forum for their involvement in Bible outreach and in reach program
What makes a difference to the visually challenged;
- Being a sight guide by leading them to church to attend service
- Visiting and spending your time with them
- Sharing your gifts with them
- Speaking kindly and lovingly
- Teaching others to be loving and caring towards the visually Impaired
- Reading the Word of God with and to them
We are greatful to Our Sponsors whom have made this dream areality to many Ugandans,. One of Our Volunteers who is also a teacher but Visually Impaired Called Hellen said, “Am glad that The Bible Society of Uganda has thought about us who are Visually Impaired”