Our objectives are
- To promote the widest possible effective circulation of the Holy Scriptures, without doctrinal comment, through the churches and other media provided that the Board of Directors may add such notes as it feels necessary for the understanding of a particular text.
- To undertake and supervise the translation and revision of texts of the Holy Scripture in languages in use within its boundaries and in other languages of the world in cooperation with other Societies and in consultation with the UBS Translation Consultants.
- To promote the use of the Holy Scripture wherever possible.
- To secure support through local contributions for Bible Society work, locally and abroad.
- To publish in whole or in part such versions of the Holy Scripture and in such languages as may be approved by the Board of Directors in consultation with the United Bible Society and to make such publications available at a price which people can afford.